Digital Competence Framework (DCF) / Fframwaith Cymhwysedd Digidol
Digital competence is one of 3 cross-curricular responsibilities, alongside literacy and numeracy.
It focuses on developing digital skills which can be applied to a wide range of subjects and scenarios. The Framework, which has been developed by practitioners from Pioneer Schools, supported by external experts, has 4 strands of equal importance, each with a number of elements.
● Citizenship – which includes:
○ Identity, image and reputation
○ Health and wellbeing
○ Digital rights, licensing and ownership
○ Online behaviour and cyberbullying.
● Interacting and collaborating – which includes:
○ Storing and sharing.
● Producing – which includes:
○ Planning, sourcing and searching
○ Evaluating and improving.
● Data and computational thinking – which includes:
○ Problem solving and modelling
○ Data and information literacy.
Schools and settings should familiarise themselves with the framework, agreeing their strategic vision for cross-curricular digital competence and consider how to translate this into practice. For more information, visit the Learning Wales website by clicking the link here.